Summary of Statistical Yearbook of Taichung City
From 1945 to 2010, the administrative regions were divided into Taichung County and Taichung City. Since December 25th, 2010, the two regions have been merged and upgraded as one municipality of Taichung City (which has its status as a province), with 29 districts under its jurisdiction and a total area of 2,215 square kilometers. Among these districts, Heping District was then restructured into a mountainous aboriginal district, with a local government autonomous body with the status of a public legal person, on December 25, 2014. The district mayor and the district representatives of Heping are elected directly by the district residents.
The Budget, Accounting, and Statistics Office of Taichung City Government collects statistical data from various aspects annually and compiles the Statistical Yearbook of Taichung City. The purpose is to provide data relative to the general situation of the city and its major accomplishments, so as to be of assistance to organizations concerned with executing public business.
The data listed in the Book after 2011 is of the municipality of Taichung City, whereas the data before 2010 is consolidated from data of the former Taichung County and Taichung City. Data that cannot be consolidated is presented separately. The figures are based on the latest annual data, but data of recent years are also listed, allowing us to make comparisons and better forecast future development trends.
The present issue contains 17 categories: Land, Population, Marital and Fertile Status, Labor Force, Education, Industry and Commerce, Agriculture, Finance and Monetary Affairs, Government Service, Public Works, Transportation, Social Affairs, Social Security, Public Safety, Public Health, Environmental Protection, and Family Living. Below is the summary.
1. By the end of 2019, the number of household registrations is 986,646. The population under household registration is 2,815,261 persons. The sex ratio is 96.72. The dependency ratio is 37.15, and the aging index is 90.43.
2. In 2019, the net population growth is 11,367 persons. The population increase rate is 4.05‰. Whereas the natural increase rate is 1.38‰, and the social increase rate is 2.66‰. The crude marriage rate is 5.96‰, and the crude divorce rate is 2.35‰.
3. In 2019, the average number of employees is 1,333 thousand persons, and the number of unemployed is 5.2 thousand persons. The unemployed rate is 3.7%, and the labor force participation rate is 58.1%. For employment service, the number of effective applications placed is 29,028 persons, and the number of effective openings filled is 45,560 persons. The industrial disputes issued is 3,633 cases, and the number of workers involved is 5,007. By to the end of the year, the number of unsolved cases is 169.
4. In the school year of 2019, there were 32,590 teachers and 588,898 students in schools of all levels. In 2019, the number of arts and cultural activities was 6,317, and the number of persons attending was 30,656 thousand.
5. By the end of 2019, the number of registered stores, companies and factories is 114,540, 101,419, and 19,250. In 2019, the number of building construction licenses permitted is 2,599, and the total floor area is 5,578,556 square meters. Wheareas the number of building usage licenses permitted is 2,397, and the total floor area is 3,320,248 square meters
6. The general budget of revenue of 2019 is 116,207,895 thousand, and the financial statement is 120,386,982 thousand. The general budget of expenditure is 132,666,508 thousand, and the financial statement is 125,344,077 thousand. In 2019, the local tax levied is 47,714,282 thousand, and the top 1 source is land value increment tax as 17,481,802 thousand, with a percentage of 36.64%.
7. By the end of 2019, the total number of motor vehicles registered is 2,835,886, and the top vehicle category registered was a motorcycle, at 1,730,244 with a percentage of 61.01%. In 2019, the number of passengers of the city bus is 133,781,697, and the number of vehicle kilometers is 75,579,046.
8. By the end of 2019, the number of rooms of general tourist hotels is 538, with 53.51% occupancy rate during the year, and the number of rooms of international tourist hotels is 1,135, with 62.93% occupancy rate during the year. In 2019, the principle scenic spots had 44,275,984 visitors. Among all spots, the Dongfeng Green Bikeway and Houfeng Bikeway had the most visitors in total of 9,933,514 and a percentage of 22.44%.
9. By the end of 2019, the number of low-income families is 19,332 household and 44,049 persons. For low-income family, the total amount of living support given during the year is 812,195 thousand dollars, and the student living assistance given is 502,916 thousand dollars. Regarding welfare service for the disabled, the total amount of the living subsidy given during the year is 480,215 times and 2,480,383 thousand dollars.
10. In 2019, the number of criminal offense cases is 24,670. The number of cases cleared is 23,634, and the offender rate is 981.32 criminals per 100,000 persons. The number of fatal traffic accidents is 184, and the rate of accident is 0.65 case per 10,000 vehicles, which causes 188 death and 62 injuries. The number of cases of drunk driving cited is 13,122, and the number of cases charged by the police is 7,430.
11. In 2019, the number of fire cases is 3,126, which caused 20 death, 100 injuries, 140 houses burned or damaged, and 58,715 thousand dollars of estimated losses. The total number of persons set for fire services attendance is 68,591, with 66 rescued persons. The total number of vehicle dispatched for emergency medical services is 128,093, rescued 104,914 person in total.
12. By the end of 2018, the number of registered medical personnel is 41,195 persons. The average number of medical personnel per 10,000 population is 146, and the average number per medical personnel providing service for is about 68 people.
13. In 2018, the total number of deaths is 17,059, and the death rate is 408.14 per 100,000 persons. The top two leading causes of death are malignant neoplasms, at 5,145 deaths, and heart disease, at 1,588 deaths. The percentages are 30.16% and 9.31%, respectively.
14. In 2019, the total volume of garbage generated is 1,200,928 metric tons. The volume of garbage recycled is 527,943 metric tons. The average suspended particulate is 44.78 micrograms per cubic meter, and the average dust fall is 2.74 metric tons per square kilometer per month.
15. In 2018, the average current receipts per household is 1,342,041 dollars, and the average current expenditures per household is 1,079,881 dollars, having consumption expenditures at 865,525 dollars and a percentage of 80.15% within.